Thank you for your responses to the IAMP TWO consultation.
This consultation is now closed.
The purpose of the consultation is to give local residents and businesses the chance to have their say on plans for the development. This is statutory consultation under the Planning Act 2008.
The outcome of this statutory consultation will be used to help finalise our proposals in the lead up to the submission of the DCO application for IAMP TWO in Summer 2019.
As a DCO project, an important part of the IAMP TWO consenting process is that we keep you informed and involved in the process of how the project is progressing. This includes giving you the opportunity to comment on the proposals and to bring your local knowledge and experience to help improve the Project.
Getting involved at the pre-application stage of a DCO is very important because it is when you can influence what we apply for. We encourage you to read the available information carefully and provide your views on IAMP TWO, how it will be constructed and operated, and the findings of the assessment work that we have been conducting at the site for the last couple of years.
IAMP LLP is committed to engaging with people living and working in the area before we submit our application for a DCO, as well as meeting all its legal responsibilities as to how any comments are considered and reported as part of the application.
A statement from IAMP LLP - a partnership between Sunderland City Council and South Tyneside Council, said:
“IAMP is one of the country’s most significant development sites, delivering thousands of jobs and a huge economic impact for the region and the UK at large.
“We welcome the opportunity to speak to local residents and businesses about the second phase of this game-changing site.”
What are we consulting on
The following documents provide information about our proposals for IAMP TWO and the consultation.
How to get further information
We are holding public consultation events at the following times where you can view the latest versions of the proposals, hard copies of the information provided on this website and ask questions of our team. The events will be taking place at:-
- Wednesday 3 April 2019 – 3pm to 8:30pm – Bunny Hill Centre, Hylton Lane, Sunderland SR5 4BW
- Friday 5 April 2019 - 10am to 1pm - Boldon Village Hall, North Road, Boldon NE35 9AR
- Tuesday 23 April 2019 - 5.30pm to 8pm - The Quadrus Centre, Boldon Business Park, Boldon NE35 9PF
- Thursday 25 April 2019 - 2pm to 5pm - Washington Library, The Galleries, Independence Square, Washington NE38 7RZ
If you cannot attend any of the consultation events you can find out more about IAMP TWO from the information provided on this website. Alternatively, copies of the information is also available at:-
- Sunderland Civic Centre;
- South Shields Town Hall and Civic Offices;
- Hedworthfield Community Centre, Jarrow;
- Bunny Hill Centre, Hylton Lane, Sunderland;
- Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Burdon Road, Sunderland;
- The Quadrus Centre, Boldon Business Park; and
- All public libraries in Sunderland and South Tyneside.
If you have any questions then please speak to a member of our team either in person at one of our manned exhibitions, via the Freephone number 0800 056 1784; or via email at: email@example.com
How to have your say
IAMP LLP, the project’s promoter, has written to homes and businesses in the vicinity of the development site with further details about how they can have their say. Notices explaining the consultation process have also been published in the local and national press.
In brief, you can provide your comments and feedback on the proposals by:-
- Filling in the feedback form online
- Filling in a feedback form at one of our public consultation events and giving it to a member of the project team or posting it to: Freepost IAMP (no stamp required)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC)
IAMP LLP have previously set out how they intend to consult with the community and key stakeholders during the IAMP TWO Consultation. This was described in a document called the Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC).
Please click here to download a copy.
IAMP LLP has updated its consultation contact details, which are set out in the SoCC, with a new Freephone telephone number and a new email address. The updated contact details replace those in the SoCC. The Project website and freepost remains the same.
The current consultation is in accordance with the approach set out in the SoCC.